Heroin overdose can be deadly in some cases. Heroin overdose can slow the breathing to the point that it stops. Additionally, blood pressure drops dramatically. Mental faculties are affected in heroin overdose as delirium can set in. Vomiting, stomach contractions and muscle spasms are also signs of heroin overdose. In extreme cases, heroin overdose can result in coma - and can even kill a user.
In 2008, the number of persons aged 12 or older needing treatment for an alcohol use problem was 19.0 million (7.6 percent of the population aged 12 or older). Of these, 1.6 million (0.6 percent of the total population and 8.2 percent of the people who needed treatment for an alcohol use problem) received alcohol use treatment at a specialty facility. Thus, there were 17.4 million people who needed but did not receive treatment at a specialty facility for an alcohol use problem. None of these estimates changed significantly between 2007 and 2008 and between 2002 and 2008.
The number of persons with substance dependence or abuse was stable between 2002 and 2009 (22.0 million in 2002, 21.6 million in 2003, 22.5 million in 2004, 22.2 million in 2005, 22.6 million in 2006, 22.3 million in 2007, 22.2 million in 2008, and 22.5 million in 2009).
SAMHSA's annual Treatment Episode Data Set (TEDS) provides data on completion rates by race, gender, and primary substance of abuse for clients who were treated in outpatient services (including intensive outpatient care) whose discharge information was provided by the States for their specialty substance abuse treatment facilities. Among clients discharged from outpatient service settings in 2005, treatment completion was highest among those who reported primary alcohol abuse and lowest among those who reported primary opiate or primary cocaine abuse. As educational level increased, the proportion of client discharges completing outpatient treatment increased. Client discharges referred to treatment by an Employer/Employee Assistance Program (EAP) or the criminal justice system were more likely to complete outpatient treatment than discharges referred by other sources
Drug Rehab and treatment centers Information Methuen, Massachusetts
Looking for Drug Rehab Programs For Criminal Justice Clients in Methuen, Massachusetts?
Find Drug Rehab Programs For Criminal Justice Clients in Methuen , Massachusetts
Often criminal justice clients are involved in some form of substance abuse. Providing effective addiction treatment to criminal justice clients with substance abuse issues can present special challenges because of the complexity and severity of the biopsychosocial problems which frequently accompany their addiction.
Fortunately, drug rehabilitation is sometimes part of the criminal justice system. People convicted of minor drug offenses may be sentenced to a drug treatment program as an alternative to jail or prison.